Bush Regenerator (Job Share) - 12 Month Contract - [Archived Advertisement]
Blacktown City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Bush Regenerator (Job Share) - 12 Month Contract
Job No: BC980
Location: Blacktown, NSW
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in NSW and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of close to 350,000 and growing to 500,000 Blacktown City Council plays an important role in the delivery of services to the community. Blacktown City Council employs over 2000 staff working across over 40 business lines and provides a wide range of professional opportunities and employee benefits.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Want variety in your workday and to work within the large and diverse natural areas of Blacktown? If you answer ‘yes’, we want you to apply.
Council has a rapidly expanding Natural Areas portfolio with numerous natural assets to maintain. Opportunities exist for the right person to help shape the future of Council’s Natural Areas network.
- Part time 12 month term contract position
- Focus on bushland and riparian management
As a Bush Regenerator you will be responsible for undertaking bush regeneration activities in bushland reserves and wetlands maintained by Council, improving the natural environment of the Blacktown Local Government Area.
This position will also be involved with local communities volunteers in the Bushcare program.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant qualifications in a related field such as Bush Regeneration, Conservation and Land Management (CALM), Horticulture, Natural Resource Management or Environmental Science
- Extensive experience in all facets of the maintenance of bushland of the Cumberland Plain and constructed wetlands
- WorkCover approved WHS General Construction Induction for Work in NSW
- Pesticide Application Accreditation - Australian Qualifications Framework Level 3 (AQF3).
- Chainsaw operation certificate of competence
- Class MR drivers licence
- Experience in the supervision of volunteers.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week (pro-rata) will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- Job Share- Rotating roster Thursdays and Fridays 16.50 hours per week, 24.50 hours 1 week per month (Monday, Thursday Friday) total of 74 hours per month
- Term contract up to 12 months
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 3 August 2018
Contact Officer: Carolyn Adamcewicz on 9839 6813
INTERNAL REF: BCC1079B
- Closing Date:
- 03 Aug 2018
- NSW - Blacktown
- $1,051.30 - $1,177.50 (Grade 6) per week (pro-rata)
- Work Type:
- Part Time
Natural Resource Management
Parks and Public Space