Wollongong City Council supports and encourages career development, personal and professional growth, appreciates the importance of work/life balance, recognises and rewards performance and embraces change.
PERMANENT | FULL TIME
Salary from $1,296 up to $1,527 per week plus superannuation
A 3.5% civil liability allowance may also apply
(Depending upon qualifications and experience)
Recruitment No 17064
Do you have experience managing traffic and undertaking traffic and transport studies?
The Transport and Stormwater group is seeking a qualified traffic engineer to assist with the preparation of Traffic Management Plans, as well as undertake Traffic and Transport Studies and Road Safety projects. You will also use your strong communication skills to liaise and negotiate with key statutory authorities with traffic responsibilities including the Roads and Maritime Services, NSW Police Force and Transport for NSW in the provision of and forward planning for traffic facilities throughout the city.
Please note that for your application to be considered you must address the Selection Criteria below and apply online via our website www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/jobs.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Completed a degree in Civil Engineering or a related discipline relevant to this position.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as MS Office and Traffic Engineering software (eg SIDRA, VISSIM or PARAMICS).
- Demonstrated ability to develop practical solutions to complex technical problems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to relate to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities to meet strict deadlines and deliver identified outcomes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and ability to work in a team environment as well as be an effective team member.
- Demonstrated understanding of Equal Employment Opportunity and Work Health and Safety principles.
- Possess a current Class C drivers licence.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in project management including the administration and supervision of contracts.
- Previous experience in transport planning, traffic engineering or road safety.
- Possess a working knowledge of Local Government traffic procedures.
For further information please visit www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/jobs to access the Information pack. Alternatively you may contact Ted Collins on 4227 7106.
Applications close at 12 Midday on Monday 19 June 2017.