WaterNSW is Australia’s largest water supplier and a leader in developing infrastructure solutions for water supply security and reliability.
Our expert staff manage 42 large dams and all operational activities related to rural customer interactions including the management of groundwater, regulated and unregulated water across NSW. We deliver water from our dams, pipelines and the State’s rivers for agriculture and drinking water supply customers.
Two thirds of water used in NSW is supplied by WaterNSW. We also protect the health of drinking water catchments that supply among the highest quality water in the world.
Currently, WaterNSW is looking for an energetic Water Regulation Officer based at Forbes NSW for a period of 12 months. You will be joining a team of 5 working in a thriving area of regional NSW.
About the position…
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our committed Water Regulation Team providing advice to customers on water regulation licencing. This role is a combination of office and field based activities. In this position your main responsibilities will be:
- Completing the technical assessment for water access license and work approval applications to ensure accurate, timely and fair decisions
- Working with customers and stakeholders to provide advice, support and education on water regulation principles, policies and frameworks
- Conducting on-ground inspections and assist with compliance investigations to reduce unauthorised water access
- Ensuring all activities are undertaken with the safety of people as the number one priority and at all times role modeling safe behaviour
To be successful in this position you will have:
- Strong communication skills with a positive customer focused attitude
- Experience working in natural resource management areas
- Experience in the assessment and resolution of issues and knowledge of the principles of regulatory frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and advise on legislation and regulatory instruments
- Experience responding and resolving contentious customer and compliance matters
Remuneration & benefits
Attractive conditions apply for the right candidate. For further information on the position please contact Rob Monteith on 6024 8841.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
Closing date: Sunday 25 June 2017