We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
WaterNSW is seeking a Water Quality Analyst to provide sound scientific input relating to water quality interactions in hydrologic, hydraulic models for the development of water quantity and quality models for the Greater Sydney supply system. This three - year project requires you to deliver accessible water quality modelling solutions and advice for our customers to protect our catchment health, provide clean water and protect ecosystems using the best available science and engineering for the whole of NSW. The newly formed water quality modelling team is a virtual, agile team looking for innovative, driven individuals, ready to take up a new challenge and deliver excellence in water quality modelling. The water quality analyst position provides specialist knowledge in water quality and a detailed understanding of build-up and wash-off of contaminants in source catchments.
This is a 2 years term role reporting into Water Quality Modelling Manager.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science or related field relevant to the position
- Demonstrated experience in water resource and/or catchment management, with an emphasis on water quality.
- Experience relating to the management and delivery of modelling projects that investigate large catchment scale water resources for both quantity and quality.
- Understanding and experience in developing water resources models that simulate the build-up and wash-off of contaminants in the catchments.
- Specialised knowledge in one of more of the following nominated fields:
- Water quality (physico-chemical, microbial)
- Catchment and riverine hydrology
- Aquatic ecosystems
- Knowledge and experience in the use of large data sets for modelling, such as SCADA, HYDSTRA and real-time online data for both quality and quantity
- Knowledge and experience in the application of technology (SCADA or modelling systems) for water data or in the development and application of models for catchment, streams and water supply systems.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence
What we are offering
- Flexible work arrangement
- Attractive remuneration package
- Great workplace with good job variety
This is a unique opportunity to work in an organization that values and embraces diversity, and that is committed to ensuring that its employees reflect the NSW community it serves.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check and Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please complete your personal details and submit a cover letter and resume below. All applications must be submitted online.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 11th November 2020