WaterNSW is a State-Owned Corporation established under the Water NSW Act 2014 (NSW). We operate the State’s rivers and water supply systems and are responsible for building, maintaining and operating a diverse network of essential infrastructure (including over 40 dams across the State) and the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere.
We are currently looking for an experienced Project Engineer to join our Assets team. The key role is to provide engineering expertise to ensure solutions are identified, developed and implemented while using WaterNSW frameworks and tools. You will work with Project Managers and oversee all the technical aspects in assigned projects, which includes planning for and managing the development of design, engineering and technical specifications and ensuring that the specifications, applicable legislation and standards are met. You will contribute to and support the development of project planning and delivery documentation, business cases, project scoping and briefs, implementation, reporting, and handover documentation.
We are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher tertiary institution in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of assets relevant to WaterNSW core asset base such as dams, water regulating structures, bridges, roads, canals, embankments, buildings and cranes etc.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and standards including WHS as they relate to the design and delivery of engineering projects
- Background experience in planning engineering and design activities, construction activities, site work and project completions would be well regarded.
- Ability to interpret, assess and review engineering designs, drawings and construction and other methodologies to ensure compliance with standards and to meet required objectives.
- Knowledge of PMBOK or Prince 2, or a keen willingness to learn Project Management methodologies
- Current NSW driver’s Licence
- Permanent, Full Time position
- 9 day fortnight
- Flexible work location - within NSW
- Excellent chance to grow in a high profile organisation and role
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing collaborative Project Engineer who can manage multiple projects, enjoys working across the full Project delivery lifecycle, and is able to undertake occasional travel around NSW.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment checks including a National police check & Medical check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of these checks.
More information can be accessed via the Position Description
Queries can be directed to: Recruitment@waternsw.com.au
All applications must be lodged via an online application - emailed applications will not be accepted.
Please note - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications close on 10th December 2021