$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…Reporting to the Team Leader Community Engagement and Partnerships, you will lead and maintain an integrated and collaborative approach through working with local communities. This will be achieved by connecting communities, knowledge and ideas, in a manner that encourages people to participate in solving complex issues and contributing to government ideas and initiatives.
To be successful in this positon, the right candidate will be able to demonstrate their experience in community engagement and community connection.
As a community engagement practitioner, you will see you advise the organisation on best practice for public participation (guided by the International Association for Public Participation ( IAP2)); through applying your expertise, guidance, resources and training.
The second critical element is your skill in working directly with local community, where you will build positive relationships with community and key stakeholders. Your ability to demonstrate experience in building strong communities to work with CoM will ensure the City is better informed about our People’s needs, opportunities and concerns.
To be considered for the role you will:
- model best practice community engagement methodologies,
- be able to demonstrate your background in working with people,
- know how to manage yourself around the political landscape, and at the same time
- navigate through the organisation’s processes and procedures.
These capabilities are essential to your success whilst maintaining key relationships and stakeholders across the community, and both internal and external stakeholders.
This position is one of several Community Engagement Partner positions within the team that has a focus on informing, consulting, involving and empowering the community to participate in civic life.
The team has a strong collaborative, supportive, and an engaging vibe; led by a Leader who will support and guide you to be the best you can be! Words don’t say enough as to how great a team it is to work in.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Tertiary qualifications to degree level in a relevant field, or equivalent relevant experience
- Demonstrated significant experience in community development and community relationship building
- Demonstrated significant experience in applying the methodologies, principles and practice of community engagement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation, negotiation, facilitation and stakeholder engagement
- High level project management, planning and organisational skills with demonstrated experience in leading and delivering projects on time and within budget.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Georgie Meyer, Team Leader Community Engagement and Partnerships.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.