$104,890 Salary + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
An exciting opportunity to partner with our business groups to provide broad People and Culture advice
The Position… works across the organisation as a member of the Business Partnering Team partnering with the business to ensure the delivery of the CoM People Strategy.
The positions provide advice, support and expertise on:
- Employee relations
- Diversity and equal opportunity programs to support a workforce free of discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Partnering with the business to ensure the delivery of the CoM People Strategy
- Occupational Health & Safety
- Workforce planning including job design/redesign and workforce planning
- Organisational change
- Performance management and coaching of people managers
- Corporate induction programs
- Corporate HR policies and procedures
- Reward and recognition
- Attraction and retention
You will have…
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated significant experience in human resource management (HRM) relevant to this position, including a sound understanding of strategic HRM processes, systems and techniques required in supporting the organisation’s business objectives
- A tertiary qualification in a discipline relevant to HRM or extensive experience in HRM
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in the provision of accurate, confidential and sensitive advice and support to senior management, and in negotiation with staff, management and union representatives on organisational issues
- Proven experience in dealing effectively with customers and developing productive long term relationships, including a demonstrated ability to use a positive and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team, under pressure with competing and demanding timelines
- High level writing skills and ability to draft clear and concise reports and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to manage and participate in projects relating to the development, implementation and review of major organisational HR policies, issues and initiatives
- Commitment to, and proven ability to develop and implement quality service improvement processes to ensure that service delivery models are efficient, effective and client focused
To view the position description and physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
Please address your covering letter to Paras Georgoulos, Business Partnerships and Employee Relations Manager
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.