Parks Operations Officer
$104,890 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
The Position… The key objective of the Parks Operations Officer – Open Space and Trees is to work closely with the appointed Service Provider/s to manage the open space assets in the City to the agreed standards and park master plans and to provide excellent customer service to park users and stakeholders.
The City has entered into contracts with Service Providers to provide management and maintenance services for the open space and tree assets of the City. The Parks & Waterways Branch has a team that:
- manages these contracts;
- facilitates the use of the open spaces for events, sports and other recreational activities, however, the management of the events and sporting activities are carried out by other Branches;
- liaises with the community on specific queries and requests relating to the open spaces;
- enforces regulations in parks
- performs regular quality assessments of the open space and tree assets and services; and
- identifies and implements capital works upgrades of open space assets.
You will have..
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as horticulture, arboriculture, natural resource management, together with:
- Extensive experience and understanding of parksoperational management.
- Experience in managing contracts and monitoring of contract performance
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem solving abilities
- Good writing skills and ability to prepare written reports
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Current Victorian drivers licence
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Team player
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover (no more than 2 pages) letter responding to the selection criteria as listed above under ‘You will have…’
Please address your covering letter to Mark Callow, Team Leader Parks Services
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The advertised closing date and important information before applying for this position can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8.30am and 1pm Monday to Friday.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed above.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply.