$63,513 + 9.5% Superannuation
Permanent Full Time
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
Our Planning and Building Branch provides customer orientated building, planning and land survey services, ensuring the right balance between facilitating development and maintaining a high built form standard and safe environment.
How this position makes the difference to City of Melbourne… reporting directly to the Senior Business Support Officer, this role is to provide accurate and efficient business support to the planning and building technical officers coupled with providing high level of customer service to our external customers including face to face contact.
The role provides business and financial administration support, report generation and coordination of branch Information Management services to ensure successful daily completion of mail, scanning and file retrieval services.
You will operate within the Planning Business Support Team with the option to rotate to the Building side. You will be expected to coordinate and manage your priorities to ensure the team and branch objectives and timeframes are achieved. You will take an organised approach to your work, demonstrating flexibility and an open communication style to work with colleagues to achieve goals.
To be successful in this role, you can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Excellent customer service skills with demonstrated experience of working in a customer focused environment
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member to coordinate and achieve day to day administrative responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide administrative support in a multi-function team environment.
- Local Government experience including knowledge of relevant Acts, Local Laws, Regulations and Codes.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You will bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Kristal Maynard, Business Support Coordinator.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah.
City of Melbourne’s People and Culture Operations Team and our Aboriginal Employment Officer, Mariah, welcome your general questions on (03) 9658 9140 between the hours of 8:30am and 1:00pm Monday to Friday.