$87,916 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary Part time (0.8), to 31 December 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position Makes the Difference to City of Melbourne…The Project Officer - Heritage is a key role in the heritage team, working collaboratively across the organisation to champion heritage in the municipality.
You will manage a range of medium size projects including heritage reviews, strategic projects and data management; therefore your project management skills are essential.
The role will require a highly organised, independent, skilled communicator with strong stakeholder and community engagement skills and end-to-end project management experience. We are seeking a team player with a keen interest in and innovative approach to urban planning and heritage. Experience in working in the heritage field and an understanding of the Victorian Planning Scheme are an advantage.
The role will report to the Team Leader Heritage and forms part of a team of four.
If this sounds like a role you have been waiting for, APPLY NOW!
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Relevant tertiary qualifications may include strategic urban planning, architecture, or heritage and museum studies
- Demonstrated project management skills in planning and resource management and ensuring delivery of agreed outcomes within budget and agreed timeframes
- Demonstrated understanding of contemporary heritage policy and practice, urban planning principles and processes and an understanding of the range of issues impinging upon capital city planning.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please visit our careers website and view in the advertisement, under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit our careers website, and as part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Tanya Wolkenberg, Team Leader Heritage.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.