$127,641* + 9.5% Superannuation
*salary as of the 1July 2018
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Team Leader - Civil Infrastructure Contracts, you will be responsible for managing engineering based contracts within the Infrastructure Unit of the Engineering Services Branch. This includes the Civil Infrastructure Services Contract (CIS), which includes major roads based civil infrastructure design, maintenance and renewal works.
You will liaise and negotiate positive outcomes with the CIS contractor in the management of this complex area of the City of Melbourne’s operations. The position requires strong leadership and people management competencies with appropriate technical expertise.
You will work collaboratively across the organisation to ensure the effective management of civil infrastructure assets and that the CIS Contract meets targets and operates at the highest possible level of efficiency.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team
- Relevant Engineering tertiary qualifications suitable to meet to level of expertise and skill required of the position
- Significant experience and expertise in contract management and administration preferably in a service contract environment
- Significant experience and expertise in asset maintenance management with a preference for local Government asset environment
- Significant experience and expertise in project management and financial management of annual works programs
- Substantial knowledge and experience in business management systems including quality assurance, risk management, occupational health and safety and environmental management
- High level experience in developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at all levels and a sound understanding of stakeholder needs
- Experience in devising innovative solutions to complex business and organisational problems
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Craig Stevens, Principal Engineer Infrastructure
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.