$89,674 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 31 May 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
City of Melbourne hosts Resilient Melbourne which is part of the 100RC – Pioneered by the Rockefeller Foundation program. It is an initiative dedicated to helping cities around the world to become more resilient to the physical, social and economic challenges of the 21st century. Melbourne was announced as a participant in the 100RC network in late 2013 within the first round of participant cities.
Resilient Melbourne was established as a Branch within the City of Melbourne in July 2016 to lead implementation on actions in the Resilient Melbourne strategy (the Strategy) in collaboration with stakeholders across the metropolitan region. The Strategy was publicly released in June 2016 as Australia’s first urban resilience strategy, and, notably, Melbourne’s first metropolitan-scale strategy developed by local government.
This is a rare opportunity for someone with a philanthropic and socially conscious mindset to make a difference for our city across metropolitan Melbourne.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Resilient Melbourne Communications Catalyst you will be responsible for coordinating strategic, integrated and timely communications services and strategic advice aligned to Resilient Melbourne’s strategy actions, networks and related projects. You will also be responsible for developing and delivering relevant and compelling messages about urban resilience, improving the understanding organisations, and where relevant communities and citizens have about resilience, how it relates to their lives, work and opportunities to get involved in the work of Resilient Melbourne.
Working closely with the Resilient Melbourne team, this position plays a key role in developing and disseminating key messages to a broad range of stakeholders to increase awareness, understanding and buy-in for urban resilience in metropolitan Melbourne.
Reporting directly to the Networks and Learning Manager, you will be developing and maintaining a stakeholder engagement framework to build an active and engaged resilience network in metropolitan Melbourne. Collaborating with both internal and external partners, the position will ensure that all communications services align with the Resilient Melbourne brand.
You are someone who thrives in building and facilitating collaborative relationships, creating content and strategic messaging. You will be driven to make a difference in the work you do locally, nationally and globally. Sound interesting?
Please visit our Resilient Melbourne website for more information about the work we do www.resilientmelbourne.com.au
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Strong, demonstrated skills in written and verbal communication, including the ability to prepare a variety of communication tools across traditional and social media channels plus a demonstrated understanding of communication in a political and high profile organisation
- Sound experience in developing and delivering integrated communications strategies, preferably in complex environments involving significant client and /or internal liaison
- Demonstrated understanding of the interconnectedness that constitutes urban resilience and experience in positively influencing stakeholders and their buy-in in a similar advocacy style role
- Proven ability to function effectively in a complex and demanding environment with a high level of personal and team responsibility and to effectively manage high workloads, tight timeframes, as well as significant and diverse relationships
- Ability to work confidently with limited supervision, with the ability to demonstrate emotional intelligence and sound judgement whilst collaborating on decision and initiatives in a close team environment
- Highly developed customer service/interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to be professional, discrete, courteous and maintain confidentiality, aligned with proven written skills mentioned above.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Maree Grenfell, Network and Learning Manager
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.