$106,988 + 9.5% superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2020
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…you will be responsible for the strategic development, feasibility assessment, coordination, delivery and reporting of a program of street and open space based projects to adapt our urban landscapes to climate change and to accommodate our increasing population in an integrated manner.
You will review, develop and manage the forward planning, design and delivery of capital works programs delivered by the Urban Sustainability Branch.
In addition you will provide advice to the Team Leader Open Space Planning to determine the most appropriate level of green infrastructure required to meet the objectives of key Council strategies, including but not limited to the Open Space Strategy, the Urban Forest Strategy, Green Our City Action Plan and Nature in the City.
The suitable applicant will have a strong background in a similar role or related field and will be able to demonstrate:
- Program Management and delivery of capital works projects within the public realm which align with the objectives of the city
- Experience applying project management methodology to deliver in scope, on time and on budget complex projects
- An ability to collaborate, influence and manage diverse stakeholders both within and external to the organisation
- Resilience to work in a fast paced, agile environment and an ability to adapt to unexpected demands in a changing landscape.
You will be an accomplished communicator and must be able to demonstrate your success in delivering projects with defined outcomes.
In return you will have an opportunity to work with a supportive team where you can contribute towards building a more sustainable future [for our leading city]
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- A tertiary qualification in Project Management, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Horticulture, Natural Resource Management, or equivalent and/or extensive experience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate, manage and report on the delivery of a program of works on time, to budget and to client satisfaction
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead a professional team including external consultants and contractors
- Proven problem solving skills
- Proven ability to manage the complex works from initiation, to delivery and handover (including the landscape and civil design phases).
- Demonstrated strategic thinking skills to develop programs of work which seek to mitigate and adapt urban areas to the impacts of climate change and population growth
- Demonstrated experience of working with new technologies and innovative solutions to progress thinking in adapting our streets and public open spaces
- Political acumen and knowledge of local government.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please view on the job advertisement on our Careers under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit our Careers website, and as part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Cath Olive, Team Leader Open Space Planning.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.