$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 September 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
The OHS Wellbeing team manage and administrate the corporate Safety Management System and provide strategic and operational advice to City Of Melbourne (CoM) on compliance with relevant OHS and Accident Compensation workplace rehabilitation and compensation regulatory frameworks. This also includes developing and administrating processes for injury prevention, wellbeing programs and the management of work related and personal injury.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will be responsible for providing senior level strategic and operational expertise and advice on compliance with City Of Melbourne’s Safety Management System, develop strategies and assist management to manage work and personal injuries and contribute to the development and delivery of wellbeing strategies. This position is also required to lead and manage to delivery of successful outcomes and strategic projects as assigned.
Fundamental requirements of the role are as follows:
- Independently lead and implement strategic safety and wellbeing initiatives and reporting of those initiatives
- Provide expert advice and coaching to people managers and staff on all OHS, injury management and return to work matters
- Deliver operational activities required of the safety team, including coaching, training, assessments and activities associated with compliance of City of Melbourne‘s safety management system
- Contribute to the development, implementation and review of policies and processes to align to best practice.
- Develop and deliver effective training programs and support material to inform managers and staff to ensure compliance with City of Melbourne‘s safety management system.
In addition to the above, this position will require strong experience in developing and reviewing
Safety Systems and Reporting including:
- Lead and implement the safety and wellbeing strategy projects to:
- review and update City of Melbourne‘s safety management system
- enable the City Of Melbourne safety management system to automate many of the activities and workflows within the system
- Develop reporting frameworks that evaluate and assess the effectiveness of the City of Melbourne safety management system and incident trends and enable continuous improvement
- Review, implement and report on City of Melbourne‘s audit program and associated activities in accordance with City of Melbourne‘s internal and external audit requirements
- Provide technical specialist advice on OH&S activities and processes within a continuous improvement culture
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- A relevant tertiary qualification to degree level (or higher) in OHS and/or allied health
- Substantial and proven industry experience in providing high level strategic and operational advice on compliance to relevant OHS, rehabilitation and compensation legislation including within a large and diverse organisation with multiple stakeholders
- Extensive experience in reviewing and developing safety management system policies and procedures for an organisation with a diverse risk profile
- Experience in configuring and/or implementing an online safety management system
- An understanding and application of relevant legislation and the OH&S and Workplace Injury Rehabilitation and Compensation Acts
- Proven ability to develop, lead and implement programs and activities aligned with strategic objectives
- Proven ability to concurrently manage multiple activities within a time pressured and structured reporting framework
- High level relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- High level communication skills with the ability to convey and effectively impart information and negotiate and influence outcomes.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Gina Hough, Team Leader OHS Wellbeing
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.