$89,674 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 30 June 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
You will contribute to the projects led by City of Melbourne’s Low Carbon Future Team that support the achievement of a low carbon future and reduction of net greenhouse emissions from the municipality.
In this role you will support the delivery of projects within the Urban Sustainability Branch, with a focus on renewable energy, including undertaking research and data gathering, assisting in project reporting and measurement, and fostering relationships and networks that support the work of the Branch. A key project for the team is to build on the success of the Melbourne Renewable Energy Project power purchase agreement (PPA) and to help facilitate a new PPA for large energy users in the municipality.
The ideal candidate is passionate about a sustainable future for the City and community, has excellent communication skills and will bring their established network with the aim of growing and developing it within the broader sustainability community. With an innovative approach to problem solving, the ideal candidate will be experienced in delivering sustainable outcome within an organisation.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Appropriate tertiary qualification in environment, sustainability, public policy or science
- Experience in delivering sustainable outcomes within an organisation, through influencing stakeholders or through developing strategic solutions
- High level written and oral communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Innovative and creative approaches to problem solving
- Demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining productive networks, engaging with community and business stakeholders and providing high quality customer service
- High level research and data management skills.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Vicki Barmby, (Acting) Team Leader Low Carbon Future.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.