$127,641 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary to 15 September 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As one of three Senior Business Partners, this is a key leadership role within the Finance and Procurement Branch where you will be responsible for leading, managing and developing the Finance and Accounting team.
Acting as trusted adviser to the business, you will provide high level financial analysis and expert advice to facilitate and support pragmatic decision making within the business and facilitate the achievement of strategic business outcomes.
You will be expected to have a deep understanding of the business drivers of the Groups it supports and add value through financial insights, helping to shape the future direction.
To be successful in this role, we are seeking a strategic thinker and a team player with outstanding stakeholder management skills; the ability to exemplify and embed financial management best practice; commitment to supporting stakeholders through continuous improvement and customer centred service delivery. You will also play a key role in developing the financial literacy and accountability of the Groups it supports.
The position is instrumental in the transition to service delivery through business partnering and centralised financial services. You will be a key driver of improvement and managing considerable change in the capacity of business partner and finance professional.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve high performance outcomes with strong coaching skills to develop capabilities
- Significant experience in the areas of budgeting, financial analysis and financial reporting preferably at an organisational or business unit level, preferably in a complex, multi-function organisation with the ability to exemplify financial management best practice
- High level experience in developing and maintaining effective partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in the provision of complex and strategic professional financial advice, gaining cooperation and negotiation of directions and outcomes
- Contemporary understanding of and significant experience working in the areas of business planning, performance measurement and improvement, risk management and benchmarking
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual thinking capability and ability to devise innovative and practical recommendations to resolve issues and progress organisational goals
- Superior written communication skills, including the ability to present complex information and recommendations accurately and succinctly, the ability to synthesise information from diverse sources, and tailor material for diverse audiences
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Helen Tse, Manager Business Partnering
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.