Starting at $166,050 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary toNovember 2019 (parental leave opportunity)
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting directly to the Program Director, the senior position of Program Manager – Engagement and Partnerships will be responsible for initiating and continued delivery of a number of Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal (QVMPR) projects, with a particular focus on trader and community engagement, the continued development of key stakeholder partnerships and Program communications.
The Program Manager – Engagement and Partnerships will also lead, manage and develop a small team to achieve the successful delivery of key milestones.
You will work as part of a dynamic established team who are accountable across the full Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal (QVMPR) Program.
Your success will be as a result of your extensive experience in coordinating strategic communications, engagement and stakeholder partnerships for project delivery of varying size and complexity, particularly for projects within a “live” operating environment with heritage considerations and multiple stakeholders.
Critical to the success of this role is the ability to work in partnership with other QVMPR Program team members, Queen Victoria Market Pty Ltd (QVM Pty Ltd) and other key stakeholders to deliver the Program requirements whilst ensuring the continued operation of the market and minimising disruption where possible.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Excellent relationship building and management skills with the ability to deal with a diverse range of stakeholders with a broad range of expectations which are often of a competing nature
- High level of awareness and engagement in contemporary developments / trends impacting Program delivery.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and persuasion skills with the ability to use discretion and judgment in a complex business and political environment.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and manage complex projects and tasks, and to implement projects on time and to budget.
- Excellent time management and prioritising skills being able to juggle many issues at once and being responsible for ensuring all matters are handled in a timely, professional manner with stakeholders informed of progress as appropriate.
- Excellent problem solving abilities, with a demonstrated capacity to think creatively, innovatively and strategically and conceptually to identify obstacles, consider multiple perspectives and distil complex information to create viable options that address the Program’s and organisation’s current and future requirements.
- Proven ability to initiate ideas and work autonomously maintaining an approachable manner and capable of employing tact and constructive ideas to achieve results.
- Proven high level of written, interpersonal and verbal skills including the ability to present and represent the views of the Council.
- The ability to manage highly confidential and sensitive matters and with discretion, responsiveness and attention to detail.
- Solid understand of relevant legislation, policies, practices and best practice approaches in procurement, project management and construction management within a government environment.
- Demonstrated achievement in leading a high performance team to deliver results
To view the physical requirements of this position and the position description, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter
Please address your covering letter to Joanne Wandel, Program Director Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.