$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary from 1 November 2018 to 6 August 2019
City of Melbourne is committed to supporting diversity, inclusion and flexibility. Applicants seeking flexible and part-time arrangements are encouraged to apply.
For more information on what it is like working with us at City of Melbourne please go to working with us at City of Melbourne
City of Melbourne recognises the value of the diversity and strength of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures to the heritage of all Australians and encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply. You will be supported in your application via our Aboriginal Employment Team.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne… As the Senior Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for managing and delivering on a range of major projects relating to housing, urban planning and community-led solutions as part of the implementation of the Resilient Melbourne strategy. Your stakeholder management skills should be second to none as you cultivate relationships with some of Australia’s largest property developers, workacross inner, middle, and outer Melbourne councils and coordinate associated research activities.
The role requires a strategic thinker and proven leader who can focus on best practice in community engagement to deliver long-term resilience outcomes for the City Of Melbourne and metropolitan Melbourne. You will coordinate with the Chief Resilience Officer to agree the overall work plan for the portfolio and resolve issues associated with day-to-day delivery of the Resilient Communities projects. Along with a specific commitment to embed resilience thinking and practices into this portfolio, you will play a key role in championing resilience thinking both internally and externally and actively support the broader activities of the Resilient Melbourne Delivery Office.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Completion of relevant formal degree, with substantial relevant experience in resilience-related planning. Demonstrated high level strategy, project management and stakeholder management skills with proven analytical and conceptual skills, and demonstrated experience in solving complex problems
- Contract management skills
- Proven ability to understand and interpret business plans and strategies, professional bodies of knowledge, commercial and financial practices, how individual councils are structured and operates and broad understanding of the development and planning sectors
- Demonstrated negotiation, verbal communication and presentation skills in sensitive environments and proven ability to influence positive outcomes
- Highly developed written communication skills as demonstrated by the ability to prepare high standard written reports and submissions to senior decision makers and academic bodies
- Ability to represent the City of Melbourne and Resilient Melbourne in meetings with senior managers in State and Federal Government, high profile stakeholders, community leaders and interest groups and other key bodies
- Strongly developed networking skills and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
- Attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Toby Kent, Chief Resilience Officer.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers.
City of Melbourne is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
If you have a disability and require advice and support during the recruitment process, we encourage you to apply or contact us on the details listed below.