Exciting opportunity for a highly organised, proactive and energetic individual to join our Climate Change Action Branch
$89,674+ 9.5% Superannuation
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Branch Coordinator you will hold responsibility for the management of information for Councillor Forums, Councillor Meetings, Future Melbourne Committee meetings and Executive Leadership meetings. You will provide administrative support for Environment Portfolio meetings including the collation, writing and issue of agendas and minutes. This position is a critical role within the Branch with a high level customer interface with the Strategy, Planning and Climate Change Division and Council Business.
Reporting directly to the Director Climate Change Action, you will provide administrative and financial support to the Branch Leadership team and ensure effective management of activities across the Business Support team. This will include effective communication and coordination on the branch’s key projects, Annual Plan Initiatives and operational planning.
You will actively contribute to business processes and communication improvements to strive for best practice and run regular meetings with the Director and Team Leaders to ensure forward planning is comprehensive and accurate. Working closely with the Division you will ensure the forward plan is realistic and aligns with the communication of other branches within the group.
Our ideal candidate is someone who consistently seeks to improve processes, communication, and document management practice and ensures documentation timelines are met.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence
- Qualification in business administration/ project management or equivalent or an equivalent level of professional expertise gained through experience of practice management
- Advanced planning skills, including the ability to plan, monitor and assess delivery risks and issues
- The ability to show initiative and coordinate activities using a high level of initiative and independence and ability to manage the branch priorities
- Experience in administration and business support with advanced computer literacy and knowledge of general office systems including spreadsheet and database management
- Highly developed customer service skills and demonstrated ability to be professional, discrete and courteous
- Proven ability in establishing and maintaining professional collaborative internal and external relationships
- Proven success on delivering complex programs of multiple activities
- Ability to work in a complex political environment and to act as an advocate for the division and Council
- Proven ability to interpret and reformat information.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply please log on to www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org