$106,988 + 9.5% Superannuation
Temporary up to 12 months
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting into the Business Partnerships and Employee Relations Manager, you will be responsible for providing front line advice and support to staff as well as managers on all employee related matters.
You will play a key role in managing investigations and providing advice to managers on complex case issues. Furthermore you will be involved in bringing industrial relation issues to a successful conclusion.
This is a great opportunity for someone to step in, Make the Difference and drive change throughout the organisation.
To be successful you will have a strong background and knowledge in industrial relations and employee relations. You will possess strong change management, negotiation and influencing skills. You will have a proven track record in key HR disciplines including business partnering, change management, talent development, total rewards and IR and ER.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Previous experience conducting workplace investigations, industrial relations, conciliation and case management in a highly unionised environment
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in the provision of accurate, confidential and sensitive advice and support to senior management, and in negotiation with staff, management and union representatives on organisational issues
- Demonstrated experience in human resource management (HRM) as well as a sound understanding of strategic HRM processes, systems and techniques required in supporting the organisation’s business objectives
- A tertiary qualification in a discipline relevant to HRM, industrial law, or extensive experience in HRM
- Ability to work well with others and as part of a team, under pressure with competing and demanding timelines
- Demonstrated ability to manage and participate in projects relating to the development, implementation and review of major organisational HR policies, issues and initiatives.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
To apply, please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org