A highly visible role to be the custodian of the Planning Scheme and strategic implementation for the City of Melbourne
As a leading local government, the City of Melbourne aims to achieve our goal for Melbourne to be a bold, inspirational and sustainable city. Each year we deliver a vast range of projects and programs, designed to ensure we remain one of the world’s most sustainable, accessible and equitable cities.
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Practice Leader Strategic Planning and Policy Implementation, you will champion the work of the Planning Policy and the Development Contributions teams to ensure that the City of Melbourne is recognised as a centre of excellence for planning policy development and implementation in Victoria.
The role will lead the Planning Policy and Development Contributions teams and will drive a culture of engagement and high-performance.
The City is growing at an exceptional rate. Fishermans Bend and Arden are urban renewal areas of state significance and new policy is being developed to ensure that Melbourne remains liveable and vibrant into the future.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a high performing and influential leader to guide the policy and implementation of these city shaping projects.
As a leader you will demonstrate strong aptitude to build and manage effective and productive stakeholder relationships within a highly political and complex environment. A collaborative and engaging style is critical to your success along with your demonstrated experience with people leadership.
To be successful, you can bring…(Selection criteria)
- Qualification to degree level in planning or eligibility for affiliate membership of PIA. Extensive experience in a similar role.
- Extensive experience in strategic planning, infrastructure planning and funding, excellent understanding of strategic planning issues affecting the City of Melbourne and a good knowledge of the Planning and Environment Act and planning schemes.
- Ability to gain support and advocate both internally and from external bodies and organisations.
- Ability to represent Council at public forums such as the Future Melbourne Committee, other public meetings and professional forums
- Superior interpersonal skills including the ability to mediate, negotiate and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to lead and manage best practice processes in relation to the operation of the Teams and planning processes.
How to apply…
To apply please visit www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
Please note, interviews for this role will take place early to mid-January 2020.
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com