Senior Officer Contract
The City of Melbourne is committed to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety. We actively support diversity, inclusion and flexibility in our workplace and in turn are seeking people who can demonstrate and display our City of Melbourne values of accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and the desire to strive for excellence. Together we Make the Difference.
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Our Finance and Investments Division is the City’s custodian of sound financial leadership and stewardship, shaping and influencing the financial outcomes that support Council’s goals.
Reporting to the Director Finance and Investments, the Manager Finance Business Partnering will play a key role in driving collaborative and constructive business partnerships that will shape and influence the City’s financial future. You will lead a highly skilled and well-regarded team of Finance Business Partners that enable robust financial decision-making across Council. Particularly including key deliverables such as budget planning, financial forecasting and financial performance reporting including key insights and analytics.
Over the next 12 months, you will also focus on continuing the upward trend of commercial acumen across Council with a particular emphasis on driving longer term financial planning with a focus of efficiency and revenue optimisation. You will act as a thought partner to our Executive team and your Senior Leadership peers as we work towards embedding our new operating model and transition to new ways of working and thinking.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- A strong commercial lens and a track record in delivering sound financial decision-making within a complex, large-scale organisation.
- Experience in coaching and guiding multi-faceted teams through disruptive or transformational change programs.
- Exceptional people leadership skills with the ability to engage, explain and advocate with diverse stakeholders.
- A bold and innovative approach to conceptualising, advocating for and delivering large-scale customer-centred reform.
- Experience in implementing or utilising Business Intelligence tools and broader innovation/process improvement.
- Relevant tertiary qualification/s in Accounting or Finance with full CPA/CA/ICAA/CIMA status.
- A curious and collaborative mind.
How to apply…
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
Please address your covering letter to Liam Routledge, Director Finance and Investments
The Advertised Close Date and other important information can be found on www.melbourne.vic.gov.au/careers
The City of Melbourne respectfully acknowledges the Traditional Owners of the land, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation and pays respect to their Elders, past and present. We also recognise the strength and value of Aboriginal people and encourage their applications.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com