$89,674 9.5% Superannuation (prorata)
Temporary Part Time* to 27 November 2020
* 3 days per week (Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
We are the City of Melbourne, a bold place to be extraordinary.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community by being bold, innovative and sustainable. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the GIS 3D Analyst, your key objective will be the development and implementation of a 3D modelling service for the City of Melbourne and to produce 3D models, products and analysis, including 3D visualisation and information products that support evidence-based decision making.
You will use leading edge 3D and cartographic applications and techniques to create, deliver and maintain 3D modelling products and scenes. You will be responsible for managing processes relating to the 3D City model, undertaking 3D spatial analysis and investigating and evaluating new and emerging 3D technologies.
Our ideal candidate will have proven experience leading and managing 3D modelling services to automate and enhance workflows. You will be forward thinking with highly developed communication skills when engaging with diverse groups of people to successfully understand what our community and users need to meet future challenges.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Tertiary qualification to or acceptable equivalent in the spatial sciences such as Geomatics, Surveying, Cartography, Multimedia, Geography, Architecture or a related field.
- Expert knowledge of 3D techniques related to the production and creation of 3D models and products
- Demonstrated ability to supply services and analysis derived from 3D technology.
- Experience of developing business solutions and value-added products using 3D data.
- Experience in developing 3D methods, standards and procedures.
- Familiarity with 3D applications such as ArcGIS Pro, Sketchup, FME, Unity, Visual Enterprise, etc.
- Ability to solve complex spatial problems using analytical techniques.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please visit via the City of Melbourne Careers page to apply: https://melbourne.mercury.com.au/ViewPosition.aspx?id=5d2nZCUdsGI=&jbc=ere
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter (no more than one page)
- respond to the selection criteria, in a separate document (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to David Hassett, Team Leader GIS.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 19 August 2020.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or would like further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.