$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Maximum Term Contract to 15 February 2022
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
A rare opportunity has arisen for an Accommodation Officer which sits within the Facilities Management team. The Accommodation Officer plays a major role in improving and developing facilities management practices in line with Council objectives.
You will primarily be responsible for the day to day accommodation and storage requests, OHS issues, contract management of the Property Maintenance Contracts in relation to furniture and building maintenance requests, relocations for the organisation and other workplace related issues.
We are looking for someone who is responsive, has the ability to work autonomously, prioritises tasks, excellent time management skills to ensure the delivery of customer outcomes and demonstrated commitment to excellence in customer service
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Relevant tertiary qualification and/or an equivalent level of experience
- Extensive experience in project and contract management
- Experience in acquisition and disposal of furniture and equipment, and in managing office relocations
- Superior interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to liaise with a range of internal clients at the highest level, with an ability to influence and negotiate
- High level written communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a team and the ability to input into team processes
- Experience in the use of Excel, AutoCAD and Word
- A Victorian Drivers Licence
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply via the careers page: https://melbourne.mercury.com.au/SearchResults.aspx?C=&E=&P=&I=0&jbc=
As part of the online application form you are required to:
- attach your resume
- attach a separate cover letter, responding to the selection criteria (no more than two pages), as listed above under ‘You can bring…’
Please address your covering letter to Romaine Gauder, Facilities Manager
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Wednesday 9 December 2020
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact email@example.com
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.