Rare opportunity to be a part of the Event Partnerships team whose purpose is to enhance Melbourne’s visibility, liveability and economy
$77,352 plus 9.5% Superannuation
Maximum Term Contract to 30 June 2021
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
Reporting to the Manager Partnerships your role will be to ensure that Events Melbourne maximises its sponsorship opportunities through effective and efficient administration of the Event Partnership Program (EPP), including contract negotiation and key account management. This will include, but is not limited to:
- Preparation and evaluation of the EPP submissions for consideration by Council using established evaluation procedures
- Account manage sponsored events and identify synergies with City of Melbourne goals and objectives and propose leveraging opportunities to relevant City of Melbourne branches that utilise partnership rights and benefits effectively to help achieve those objectives
- Negotiate partnership rights and benefits and develop effective and creative working relationships with event partners and internal teams to roll out sponsor benefits.
- Support the Team Leader in managing funding requests, dispersal of funds and report to Council on EP program including ROI and fit with CoM’s strategic direction;
- Tracking and recording of all event partnership finances in SmartyGrants and ensuring all data is up to date and accurate
- You may also be required to represent the City of Melbourne at meetings, briefings and other activities in support of events; and have the opportunity to work on the Triennial Sponsorship Program as part of professional development.
The role requires well developed interpersonal communication skills to liaise and interact effectively and professionally with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders, to understand their needs and interpret their requirements, to influence and negotiate outcomes, and to progress the aims of the Events Melbourne Branch.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience of best practice sponsorship and account management administration. You will have excellent communication, administration and organisational skills together with a strong sense of initiative. Outstanding customer service and proven experience with computer skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook are essential; exposure to SmartyGrants would be an advantage but is not essential.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Tertiary level qualification in a relevant discipline and experience in the areas of sponsorship, events and/or marketing.
- Understanding of the role of sponsorship in delivering against wider organisational objectives including experience in using rigorous measurement and evaluation systems.
- Experience in implementing sponsorship activation programs.
- Experience in contract management including a demonstrable understanding of risk management and OH&S requirements.
- Enthusiastic personality with ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Positive approach and teamwork ethos and a strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritise workloads and coordinate and manage multiple projects concurrently.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position through the City of Melbourne Careers Page, via the link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to David White, Manager Partnerships, Tourism and Events
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Tuesday 26 January 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.