Are you experienced in case management and counselling with families and children? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
City of Melbourne are currently seeking a Senior Social Worker / Senior Practice Lead with significant experience working with families and children experiencing vulnerability. Reporting into the Co-ordinator of Family Support and Counselling you will provide a range of individual and group services, including therapeutic counselling with families with children from the ages of 0 to 18 years.
Working within City of Melbourne’s integrated family services model and participating in planning, implementation and evaluation service provisions, you will act as a senior member of the team and be responsible for delivering high quality programs. Furthermore, you will provide case management and family work using a range of family interventions, drawing on appropriate theoretical concepts and intervention skills.
With a view to strengthen families and improve circumstances for children, your exceptional communication skills will be paramount in supporting families from various language, cultural and socio-economic groups. You will work as part of an integrated team who are passionate and committed to delivering City of Melbourne’s vision for families and children.
Please be advised as part of your application you will need to submit copies of your qualification as listed below.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Demonstrate an awareness and knowledge of and adhere to all legislative requirements pertaining to the position; The Child Wellbeing and Safety Act 2005, Children, Youth and Families Act, 2005 and Child Safe Standards.
- Bachelor of Social Work recognised by AASW or qualifications such as Behavioural Science, Counselling, Psychology, Family Therapy, Community Social Service and with extensive relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of relevant theoretical frameworks for working with families, knowledge of child development and demonstrated skills in assessment, case management and a range of family intervention models.
- Demonstrated skills in culturally competent practice, family violence, mental health and trauma.
- Commitment to the principles of an integrated team model of service delivery and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively with the diversity of cultural, socioeconomic, language, ability groups and LGBTIQ community from which service users, the community and staff may come.
- Highly developed case work and case management skills and ability to manage a caseload of vulnerable families, children and adolescents with complex needs.
- Demonstrated skills in supervision of staff and students.
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence.
- Group work experience, designing and facilitating parent support / therapeutic groups.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Michelle Gale, Co-Ordinator Family Support and Counselling.
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Sunday 28 February 2021.
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits.
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.