Multiple opportunities for Senior Immunisation Nurses to come and join a progressive team and engage with the City of Melbourne community
$89,674 plus 9.5% Superannuation (prorata)
Multiple positions available:
- Permanent Part Time (22.5 hours per week)
We are the City of Melbourne, a place to be bold and inspirational.
We are rapidly transforming to meet the evolving challenges faced by a global city. With a vision of being a leading organisation for a leading capital city, our mission is to create positive impact for our community. Each day, we work with passion and purpose so that together we achieve incredible things.
Together we Make the Difference
How this position will Make the Difference to City of Melbourne…
As the Senior Immunisation Nurse you will be required to work as part of a team to provide immunisations in a safe, comprehensive, client focussed and efficient manner in accordance with the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation, Department of Health and Human Services and City of Melbourne guidelines.
Reporting to the Coordinator Immunisation, you will be required to work as part of a team providing immunisation to babies and children, secondary school students and adults as per the National Immunisation Program and to provide additional immunisations for staff and others as directed by the City of Melbourne.
You will receive supportive guidance from the Immunisation Coordinator while exercising your initiative and judgement and respond appropriately to any emergency situation that arises during immunisation sessions. You will also seek expert professional advice on issues as needed. This may include the Medical Officer of Health, Department of Health and Human Services (DoHHS) or SAEFVIC.
You can bring… (Selection criteria)
- Ability to demonstrate and display City of Melbourne Values – accountability, integrity, courage, respect for self and others, and striving for excellence.
- Current Victorian practising nursing certificate (Division 1) and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Current accredited nurse immuniser qualifications in Victoria.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of the National Immunisation Program and Australian Immunisation Register.
- Knowledge of calculating immunisation catch-ups.
- Immunisation practice experience.
- Highly developed organisational, time management and communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to maintain accurate computer records and produce reports.
- Ability to contribute to service planning and continuous improvement.
- Ability to develop, implement and evaluate health promotion and education activities.
By joining us, you will become part of a remarkable team who work in a constructive and inclusive culture to shape the future of this city. Together, we champion difference, celebrate achievement and recognise positive impact.
To view the physical requirements of this position, please see below under Position Information.
Please be advised as part of your application you will need to submit certified copies of your qualifications.
How to apply…
Please apply for the position via the City of Melbourne Careers Page, link below.
City of Melbourne - Mercury eRecruit
Please address your covering letter to Philippa Holland, Coordinator Immunisation, Community Services
Applications will be accepted up until 11:45pm Monday 19 April 2021
The position description for this role will not be provided at this stage of application.
For those interested in working with us, the City of Melbourne offers a great range of benefits. If you have any questions, or for more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
City of Melbourne is proud to be a workplace that champions diversity. Our commitment is for our people to be safe, included and supported so that they can be at their best. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from people regardless of their gender identity and expression, ethnicity, cultural background, sexual orientation, disability and age. We look for the right values, skills and knowledge to build our capabilities so that we can best deliver for our community.