The position is responsible for providing assistance to Program Leader – Hazardous Materials and other section staff in respect of;
- Responding to incidents in relation to hazardous materials
- Planning and undertaking the removal of hazardous materials
- Responding to illegally dumped material
- General inspection and maintenance of hazardous materials found throughout the LGA
- Education and training of staff and members of the public (if required and when appropriate) in relation to the management of hazardous materials
In addition, the position will assist the Program Leader of Hazardous Materials with project management of hazardous material removal works, training programs, the development and implementation of long-term strategies. The position will also be involved in the development of potential commercial activities related to the management and removal / management of hazardous materials and liaison with appropriate agencies to coordinate council’s response to illegally dumped material throughout the LGA.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or experience in a similar role (Note: The position is also required to meet the definition of competent person as defined by SafeWork NSW)
- Remove Non-Friable Asbestos accreditation (CPCCDE3014A) (or willingness to obtain)
- Supervise Asbestos Removal accreditation (CPCCBC4051A)
- Demonstrated experience in asbestos removal, specifically under a Class B License
- Sound knowledge of industry legislation specifically WHS and Environmental and related codes of practice
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated initiative, a flexible and proactive approach and enthusiasm including a willingness to respond to an ever changing work environment
- A demonstrated capacity to work well as a team
- Current Class C driver license
Salary: commencing at $2536.44 gross per fortnight.
For further information contact: Jason Adams on 0413 334 101.
Closing date: 23 August 2020.