Manager Volunteer Strategy, Clerk Grade 9/10 - [Archived Advertisement]
NSW State Emergency Service (View other jobs from this organisation)
Manager Volunteer Strategy, Clerk Grade 9/10
Manager Volunteer Strategy, Clerk Grade 9/10, Wollongong, 03/21
- NSW SES is looking for a dynamic individual to lead our Volunteer Strategy team for the next 12 months
- Full time role –(up to January 2022)
- Location flexibility may be considered
About the opportunity
This role is primarily involved in managing and delivering a range of volunteer strategies, modelling and governance projects and services to support sustainable volunteering, the volunteer experience and NSW SES strategic objectives.
About the NSW SES
Our Mission: NSW SES saving lives and protecting communities.
Our Vision: Be the best volunteer emergency service agency in Australia.
The NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) is an emergency and rescue service made up almost entirely of volunteers and supported by a small staff contingent. NSW SES is a key influencer of other emergency service agencies and works closely with these partners to modernise and grow volunteering to save lives and protect communities
While major responsibilities are for flood, storm operations and tsunamis, the NSW SES also provides the majority of general rescue effort in the rural parts of the state. This includes road accident rescue, vertical rescue, bush search and rescue, evidence searches (both metropolitan and rural), other forms of specialist rescue that may be required due to local threats, Urban Search and Rescue and Community First Response.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a thorough understanding of the role of a volunteer, the challenges and benefits
- Have an awareness of current volunteering models and trends
- Be proficient in building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders
- Have excellent communication and engagement skills
How to apply
Your application should include:
- A cover letter (maximum of one page) briefly outlining your suitability for the role and responding to the essential requirements ;
- Responses to each of the targeted questions (maximum of one page per answer); and
- An up-to-date resume of no more than four pages detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role
- Please provide an example of when you have developed and implemented strategies and initiatives to support a diverse and geographically dispersed volunteer workforce, including recruitment, retention and engagement of volunteers to meet organisational needs. Please outline what you considered when developing the strategies/initiatives, how they were implemented across the organisation, and how you measured the success of their implementation.
- In this role you will be required to manage state wide recruitment communications and campaigns and provide expert advice on local campaigns. Please provide an example of when you have managed a campaign involving multiple stakeholders to meet a business objective, what was achieved and how you managed the key risks.
Find out more
The role description is available here.
For more information about the role, applications are encouraged to contact NSW SES Director People & Development, Natasa Mitic, on 0458 475 628.
A recruitment pool may be created to fill similar roles for both ongoing and temporary opportunities if they arise.
Applications close: Friday 29 January 2021
The NSW State Emergency Service is a proud employer of a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, faith, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. We are committed to reflecting the diverse community we serve and creating an inclusive and flexible workplace. People with disability are supported to access adjustments in recruitment processes and in the workplace, to enable them to demonstrate their skills and capabilities to meet the requirements of the job. As supporters of flexible working, we welcome discussions about how our roles can be undertaken flexibly.
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jan 2021
- NSW - Wollongong
- Total Remuneration Package: $135,279
- Work Type: