Invasive Species Planner - [Archived Advertisement]
Port Stephens Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Invasive Species Planner
Permanent full-time position, 38 hours per week
Located at Raymond Terrace between the beautiful Port Stephens Peninsula and Newcastle
Port Stephens Council operates in an LGA encompassing a range of unique and sensitive natural environments alongside diverse land uses including satellite urban centres, tourism hotspots, prime agricultural land and significant defence and industrial and manufacturing centres. The healthy natural environment supports and underpins social and economic outcomes whilst also representing challenges for the daily and strategic operations of a large regional Council.
This role sits within the Natural Resources Team within Council's Strategy and Environment Section and reports to the Natural Resources Teal Leader.
As the Invasive Species Planner you will be responsible for the effective planning and implementation of strategies to manage invasive weeds and pests across the LGA in accordance with the Biosecurity Act and other relevant legislation.
What you need:
- Relevant qualifications in natural resource management, weed management, biosecurity or a related field
- A sound understanding of the Biosecurity Act 2015, and demonstrated implementation of Local Control Authority functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in ecological surveying and reporting, including strong local plant and pest identification skills.
- High level computer literacy including experience in Geographic Information Systems, field mapping techniques, and database management.
- Relevant Pest Control and Chemical Management Certificates.
- Current Class C drivers licence, with off-road 4WD experience.
TRP Range: $70,487 - $82,544 pa (includes 9.5% super + retention allowance) + flexitime
If excellent career development opportunities and a great working environment are things you find attractive Council will provide an environment for you to flourish and further build your career. Take advantage of this opportunity to work for a large organisation that will help you achieve your goals.
Want to join our team?
If you feel you're up for the challenge, please submit your application online addressing how you meet the selection criteria and why you are suited for the role by midnight, Wednesday 16 January 2019.
Further information may be requested by contacting Linda Strachan, Strategy & Environment Projects Officer on 02 4988 0197.
- Closing Date:
- 16 Jan 2019
- Work Type:
- Full Time