The position is responsible for providing assistance to Program Leader – Hazardous Materials and other section staff in respect of:
- Responding to incidents in relation to hazardous materials
- Planning and undertaking the removal of hazardous materials
- Responding to illegally dumped material
- General inspection and maintenance of hazardous materials found throughout the LGA
In addition, the position will assist the Program Leader of Hazardous Materials with project management of hazardous material removal works, training programs, the development and implementation of long-term strategies. The position will also be involved in the development of potential commercial activities related to the management and removal / management of hazardous materials and liaison with appropriate agencies to coordinate council’s response to illegally dumped material throughout the LGA.
On the job training will be provided to the successful applicant.
You will have a:
- Willingness to undertake internal training as required for the position
- Demonstrated high level communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Demonstrated initiative, a flexible and proactive approach and enthusiasm including a willingness to respond to an ever changing work environment
- A demonstrated capacity to work well as a team
- Current Class C driver license
Salary: commencing at $2587.16 gross per fortnight.
For further information contact: Jason Adams on 0413 334 101.
Closing date: Sunday, 26 June 2022.
* * * * * * *
APPLICATION INFORMATION: It is preferred that you obtain the position description and information on how to apply from our website, www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/jobs. Applications addressing the selection criteria, accompanied by a resume, references and copies of qualifications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to closing date. If you are unable to get access to a computer, hardcopy applications may be posted to Staff Applications, Blue Mountains City Council, Locked Bag 1005, KATOOMBA NSW 2780.