Team Leader Sustainability Planning - [Archived Advertisement]
City of Greater Dandenong (View other jobs from this organisation)
$111,902 - $125,397 pa (plus super)
Permanent Full Time
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
The City of Greater Dandenong has an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader of Sustainability Planning to join the Strategic Design and Sustainability Planning team based in Dandenong. Ideally you will have strong influence, team guidance and project management skills in developing and implementing a diverse portfolio of sustainability focused strategies, policies, programs and projects.
The main responsibilities of this position include:
- Lead and supervise the sustainability planning team, a dedicated, innovative, progressive and passionate team to deliver exciting corporate and community-led projects.
- Influence and manage the implementation, innovation, development and facilitation of existing and new corporate strategies, policies, goals and actions that lead to improved environmental, sustainable, social and economic benefits for both Council and the broader residential and business community.
- Facilitate the sustainability planning team’s delivery of Council's Sustainability Festival and Awards.
- Prepare project briefs, specifications and tender/quotation documents.
- Advocate, facilitate and manage Council's membership of external sustainability partnerships and programs.
- Community consultation and engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Facilitate and coordinate the Sustainability Advisory Committee, constituted of councillors, officers and members from the community.
The successful applicants will have well developed leadership, supervisory[JB1] , project management and communication skills and have tertiary qualifications in a sustainability / environmental planning field, strategic environmental management, environmental engineering or a related environmental planning, town planning discipline that will enable the successful undertaking of the requirements of the position.
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description and to apply, please click on the link below.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Further information: Jane Brodie, 8571 1433
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 15 November 2019
- Closing Date:
- 15 Nov 2019
- VIC - Dandenong
- $111,902 - $125,397 pa (plus super)
- Work Type:
- Full Time