Development Engineer - [Archived Advertisement]
Shoalhaven City Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
About the Shoalhaven
The Shoalhaven is located just 2 hours from Sydney and 2.5 hours from Canberra. The Shoalhaven is home to 104,000 people and comprises of 49 unique towns and villages. It is a place of great natural beauty and offers an enviable lifestyle and positive work-life balance.
Why Work for Shoalhaven City Council?
Shoalhaven City Council is a dynamic organisation serving a large and diverse community; limitless opportunity exists for an exciting and rewarding career.
We are committed to creating a positive culture and strong team environment, and offer a range of benefits:
- Generous Leave Entitlements
- Long Service Leave After 5 Years
- Fitness Passport
- Novated Lease Arrangements
- Discounted Private Health Insurance
- Training and Development Programs
About the role
Shoalhaven Council is seeking a suitable and motivated Development Engineer with a diverse range of engineering skills to join the Development Services Team.
This position is a permanent, full time role (35 hours per week) based at the Nowra Administration Building on Bridge Road, Nowra. The position comes with a leaseback vehicle for your own personal use and a relocation assistance of up to $3,000. The advertised salary of $93,194 - $106,197 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation includes the Civil Liabilities Allowance of 3.5% of the base wage.
What will you be doing?
Reporting directly to the Development Engineering Coordinator, the focus of this position is to:
- Provide technical advice on engineering matters associated with a wide range of development applications and enquiries.
- Ensure submitted engineering designs meet accepted geometric, hydraulic and traffic design requirements and that submitted plans comply with conditions of consent (development including subdivision).
- Provide technical support to the day to day operations of the team functions and staff within the offices in Nowra and Ulladulla.
- Ensure processes and protocols are in place for the Team’s compliance with all relevant legislation and Council policies and ensure that risks are managed.
What we are looking for?
In order to be successful in the position, you will be/ possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or eligible for associate membership of the Institute of Engineers, Australia (or equivalent)
- Experience in the design of civil engineering works, particularly stormwater drainage and road construction
- Experience in development engineering assessment and development referral advice
- Class C Driver’s Licence
- Current NSW WorkCover Construction Induction Certificate (White Card)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please apply through the Shoalhaven City Council - Careers at Council website
You will be required to upload a brief cover letter (no more than 2 pages, addressing the selection criteria) and a resume.
During the application you will also be required to respond to position related questions and questions regarding general information about you. The position related questions you are required to address are shown below.
- At Shoalhaven City Council our corporate core values are: Collaboration, Adaptability, Integrity and Respect. Please choose one value and advise how you have enacted this value in a professional setting.
- Briefly outline your knowledge of the development assessment process and what process you would use to provide an engineering referral response.
- Please list the relevant qualifications and experience you have which relate to civil engineering and development related matters.
- Briefly describe the relevant technology and software you have experience using.
Contact: Scott Haylett – Development Engineering Coordinator – (02) 4429 3308
Applications Close: Wednesday, 29 January 2020 (at Midnight)
When your application has been submitted completely, you will receive a confirmation email
- Closing Date:
- 29 Jan 2020
- $93,194 - $106,197 p.a. plus 9.5% Superannuation
- Work Type:
- Full Time