Acting as a trusted support to Management the Senior Building Surveyor / Team will manage the coordination and delivery of all delegated Building control operational functions.
The role will include but not limited to:
- Managing the quality output of officers and Management with the day-to-day workload and officer availability to ensure effective response to investigations, approvals, audits, telephone, email and counter enquiries, referrals and off-site inspections / callouts.
- Effective delivery of services in building investigations, assessments, approvals, inspections, audits and information according to agreed standards and key performance indicators.
- Provide technical assistance to other staff within the team and the branch.
- Ensure standard work practices are in place and adhered to by the team.
- Provide support to the team in drafting and proof-reading correspondence to ensure accuracy and compliance with legislative requirements.
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships within the branch and with external authorities.
- People Management and Leadership.
- Lead, motivate and manage the teams’ output, including day to day guidance and support to team members.
- Be accountable for the operational performance of the team and the delegation and resource allocation for effective service delivery.
- Actively build and maintain morale levels through open communication and activities that foster a sense of team unity.
- Ensure relevant training and career development opportunities that are identified through the GPA’s are catered for, including the delivery of some of this training.
- Be a role model for the values and ensure that programs and services are aligned with the organisation’s values.
- Ensure awareness of and implementation of the employee code of conduct.
- Possess qualifications in Building Surveying and registration as a Building Practitioner in the category of Building Surveyor Unlimited.
- Experience in the appraisal of a variety of different buildings and structures.
- Ability to manage and provide directions in emergency situations.
- Proven ability to lead, develop and motivate a team.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and proven written and oral communication skills, including experience in drafting correspondence, analysing reports, and making recommendations.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to foster collaborative working relationships.
Applications from local government and private sector Building Surveyors are encouraged. An attractive salary package will be offered for the right person, in return, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of tasks and asset classes within a high-profile Melbourne based organisation.
Please contact Kirsten Ellis on 0416 238 020 quoting reference number 837 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the right job for you?
Connect with me on LinkedIn to stay in touch about future opportunities:
Kirsten Ellis | LinkedIn