- Lifestyle location on the Murray River
- Fixed Term 12 months full-time 38hrs/wk
- Family friendly organisation
- $32.72 to $36.12 per hour + 9.5 % superannuation per annum (penalty rates will apply when public holidays and weekends are worked)
Applications are invited for a Team Leader Public Pools to join Council’s Environment, Facilities & Regulations Team for a 12 month fixed term. This position is a new position within Council and will incorporate our new and existing public pool facilities. The successful candidate will be required to travel throughout the Federation Council area to carry out their functions and duties. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a supportive and family-friendly organisation focused on the delivery of excellent customer service.
The hours of work and span of hours will be within the scope under the Local Government State Award. Council will negotiate hours and days with the successful candidate and flexibility will be required due to peak and non peak periods.
The Team Leader Pools will supervise and oversee the operations of public swimming pool facilities owned by Federation Council.
The successful applicant should have a qualifications and documentation in the following:
- Pool Lifeguard (SISSS00111) qualification, including NSW Pool Lifeguard Licence.
- Aquatic Technical Operator - Pool Operations (SISSS00110) qualification or able to obtain within 6 months.
- Current and valid Provide Advanced First Aid (HLTAID006) qualification.
- Current and valid Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) qualification.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working as Pool Lifeguard.
- Current and valid NSW working with children check.
- Current and valid national police check.
- A current and valid class "C" driver's licence.
The appointment will be in accordance with the Local Government State Award and Council’s policies and conditions of employment. The salary will be within the range of $32.72 to 36.12 per hour, depending on qualifications, experience and skills. This is a Grade 16 in Federation Council’s Salary System.
For your application to be considered you will need the following documents:
1 Cover Letter – detailing - what position you are applying for, introducing yourself to Council and why you believe you are the right candidate for the position.
2 Resume – Your current resume detailing your work history, qualifications, skills and 2 work referee contact information.
3 Selection Criteria – Selection criteria represents the key qualifications, training, abilities, knowledge, personal attributes, skills and experience a person must have in order to do the job effectively. You must meet the selection criteria in order to be considered for a position and you do this by addressing each criteria point in writing. Generally 50-100+ word answers are sufficient for each criteria, give examples of what you have done in previous employment that relates to the criteria.
The Selection Criteria is detailed in the Position Description document available to view on the Federation Council website.
Applications need to be submitted by 4.00pm on Tuesday, 22 September 2020. Please visit www.federationcouncil.nsw.gov.au careers page for information on how to apply.
Please note that all employees with Council will be required to complete a pre-employment functional assessment and a drug and alcohol test as part of the interview process.
Council is an equal opportunity employer.