Policy Manager - Indigenous Health - [Archived Advertisement]
Queensland Aboriginal and Islander Health Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Policy Manager - Indigenous Health
- Indigenous Health Not for Profit
- Salary: $106,121 to $116,425 dependent on experience + 10.5% superannuation + health promotion charity salary packaging
- South Brisbane office
- This position has been identified - it is an occupational requirement that this position be filled by an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person as permitted and arguable under Section 25 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act 1991.
QAIHC is a non-partisan peak organisation representing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Organisations (ATSICCHOs) across Queensland at both state and national level. Our members deliver comprehensive and culturally appropriate, world class primary health care services to their communities.
As Manager, Health Policy, you will provide leadership to a small team responsible for providing high quality authoritative advice on complex and high-profile health policy areas in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community Controlled Health Sector in Queensland.
As well as leading a team that advocates for QAIHC Members, supporting their needs and interests, tasks will include preparing and presenting detailed, comprehensive written publications based on evidence. These will provide solutions to address the health of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in Queensland, based on current and emerging policy and programme related issues.
What we are looking for
- Experience managing small teams;
- Understanding of public policy development including Government budgetary cycles and decision-making processes;
- Understanding of the machinery of government across the social determinants of health is highly desirable;
- Experience in advocating for change in a public policy environment (health policy advocacy is highly desirable);
- Exceptional relationship skills and an ability to engage with a broad range of stakeholders;
- Advanced communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills;
- Highly developed influential writing skills;
- Understanding of the ATSICCHO Sector;
- Demonstrated experience of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and their leaders, respecting traditional culture, values and ways of doing business;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and demonstrated experience in a similar role;
To apply, obtain an application pack or any query, please email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply only via this method.
Applications are required by midnight on Sunday 31st January 2021
- Closing Date:
- 31 Jan 2021
- QLD - South Brisbane
- $106,121 to $116,425 dependent on experience + 10.5% super
- Work Type:
- Full Time