Technical Officer - Plant & Fleet
Mackay Regional Council (View other jobs from this organisation)
Mackay Regional Council has an opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced Technical Officer – Plant & Fleet to join our dynamic Procurement & Plant team, based at Paget Depot.
About this opportunity:
The Technical Officer is responsible for the effective coordination of sourcing, procuring, assessment, commissioning/decommissioning and disposal of plant and fleet in an efficient and cost-effective manner taking into account whole of life costs and fit for purpose.
To learn more about the key responsibilities of this opportunity – please refer to the attached position description.
Essential Qualifications, Experience & Skills:
- Certificate III in Automotive (Trade Qualifications), or equivalent relevant qualification and experience in an automotive mechanical field.
- QLD “C” Class Drivers Licence or interstate equivalent.
- Experience and understanding of Fleet Asset Management principles.
- Experience in the development and writing of detailed vehicle, plant and machinery specifications
- Highly developed organisational, research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
In return for your valued contribution you will receive:
- Base annual salary from $82,856
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Flexible work arrangements
- 9 day fortnight roster
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
Are you ready to catapult your career?
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a full statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
Applications Close: 20th January 2022
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.
- Closing Date:
- 20 Jan 2022
- Work Type:
- Full Time
Plant Operations /Management