Queensland Rail's purpose is to provide a customer-focused, safe, reliable, on-time, value for money rail service that benefits the community, supports industry and is integrated with the public transport system. The organisation's vision is connecting communities through a modern, world-class rail service.
We are looking for experienced, creative and highly motivated communications experts to join our Internal and Strategic Communications team. We currently have 1 permanent ongoing position and 1 fixed term position for 12 months.
About the role
To be successful in this role, you will thrive in a fast paced and sometimes intense environment, be fantastic at networking and willing to work with a diverse and complex range of stakeholders. You will need to have an eye for detail, exceptional writing skills and an ability to remain calm under pressure juggling multiple tight deadlines.
This role is responsible for implementing and coordinating Queensland Rail's strategic communication advice and support. The focus for the role is to develop and implement effective communications and engagement plans to reach Queensland Rail employees.
In this role, you will:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key internal business partners and stakeholders to support functions to deliver effective communication.
- Develop and implement communication plans, actions, tools and processes and activities to contribute to the business objectives of functions.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with internal clients through timely and valued advice to ensure a strong brand is established and employee and stakeholder engagement is maintained in an environment of organizational change.
- Assist in the implementation of Queensland Rail's strategic communication program.
- Support strategies that establish objectives and measures linked back to organisational KPIs.
- Target communication tactics to specific audience preferences and use communication methods that are cost-efficient and innovative to bridge the geographical divide.
- Assist leaders at all levels in communication competence through supporting in the design and provision of training and coaching, tools and education.
- To be considered for this opportunity you will need to hold a tertiary qualification in communication, business, or a marketing-related discipline, with strong experience in corporate communications gained within a high-profile organisation. In addition, you will have:
- High level of skill in the development and implementation of effective communication plans.
- High level of skill in influencing and communicating to build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
- High level of interpersonal and written communication skills, including consultation and presentation skills to effectively liaise with stakeholders.
- High level of skill in working autonomously and as a member of a team in a high-pressure work environment.
Starting salary $110,328 + super + rail pass (home & duty travel)
If this position interests you and you feel you have the knowledge and experience please apply to Senior Communications Adviser (930) via our website by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 11:59pm Wednesday 28 April 2021
IMPORTANT NOTE: CURRENT QUEENSLAND RAIL EMPLOYEES
Queensland Rail employees must apply for vacancies via the People Connect solution and not via the external Queensland Rail career site or Seek using one of the following options:
1. While at home or on the go at anytime, anywhere using the People Connect Solution on a personal device not connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN. Please note you will need to set up Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) on your account profile. There are two options to do this:
- Install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- If your phone does not support the app, or you do not wish to use an app, you can authenticate by either an automated phone call or a 6-digit verification code received via a text message.
2. While at work signed via the People Connect solution (Single Sign On) using a Queensland Rail corporate device connected to the Queensland Rail IT network or LAN.
External applicants applying for roles within Queensland Rail will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing. The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake psychometric assessment, pre-employment health assessment and background checks that might also include criminal history and credit checks.
Queensland Rail embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We have built the foundation for diversity in the areas of gender balance, First Nations Peoples, Youth, Disability and Multiculturalism. We continue to establish and integrate key programs such as QRWomen, Graduate and Apprentice Programs, Work and Welcome, Returned to Work processes, Employee Assistance Program, as well as Queensland Rail First Nations and LGBTIQ+ Staff Reference Groups.
To learn more about this Queensland Rail career opportunity please contact Kristy Jordan with your specific enquiry on 1800 115 000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not email your application. We can only accept applications received via our website.