Team Leader Renewable Connections - [Archived Advertisement]
Powerlink Queensland (View other jobs from this organisation)
Team Leader Renewable Connections
About the role
You will be fundamental in developing a high performing team, leading and managing technical experts to:
- Lead and coordinate the analysis and delivery of compliance assessments for all renewable generator connections against the required performance standards and technical requirements as set out by the National Electricity Rules (NER).
- Lead the efficient delivery of consultancy services to Energy Queensland and/or due diligence for renewable connections to the distribution networks.
- Build and maintain effective internal and external relationships, regularly engaging with stakeholders to clearly communicate to ensure shared understanding of requirements, responsibilities and outcomes.
- Proactively lead a customer focussed culture to help the customer successfully navigate the connection process and NER requirements whilst delivering the required performance standards and technical requirements.
You will support your team in new ways of working to build power system for the future that is sustainable, stable and reliable.
You will enter an environment that is highly complex, and while this will present challenges, you will also have many opportunities to learn, develop and apply new skills within our supportive and collaborative team.
You are a collaborative and engaging team leader, with capabilities and experience in delivering cultural transformation and to lead a team of technical specialists to achieve a balance between technical and commercial outcomes.
You will have Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in:
- Leading a team of highly technical specialists to achieve a balance between technical and commercial outcomes.
- Ability to model power system dynamics, leading the assessment of generator connection and operating compliance with the National Electricity Rules (NER).
- The hands on experience with PSS/E and PSCAD simulation tools
- Planning activities that include connection and power system dynamic assessments.
- Delivering projects and operational objectives, managing risks, progress, resources and communication to achieve required outcomes within agreed budget and timeframes.
- Reporting analytical results and recommendations for action to internal and external clients.
- Supervise and support the team including task assignment, performance monitoring, review, coaching, teamwork and training to ensure a consistently high standard of team performance
- Relevant degree qualifications in Electrical Engineering or related discipline.
- Registered Professional Engineer of Queensland (RPEQ), or able to achieve within agreed timeframes
You have the ability to coach, guide and mentor a team of technical professionals, and make informed decisions that support your team in continually improving and challenging the status quo.
Your approach facilitates exceptional service to internal and external customers, and you have prior success in leading power system modelling and HV grid planning functions.
If you see yourself in this opportunity, then we want to hear from you. Please click apply and follow the prompts, submitting your resume and a cover letter highlighting how you will apply your expertise to support a team of technical experts in the optimisation of our HV network.
A Criminal History Check might be required as part of our recruitment process.
Applications close at Midnight Sunday, 25 April 2021.
Please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com if you have any questions about the opportunity.
Powerlink and its predecessor companies have been helping to keep the lights on in Queensland for more than 50 years – powering the State’s economy and enriching lifestyles. Our people strategy is focused on balanced leadership, values diverse backgrounds and fosters a culture of inclusion.
At Powerlink, we are an equal opportunity employer and proud to be a Work180 Endorsed Employer for Women. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
- Closing Date:
- 25 Apr 2021
- QLD - Virginia
- Work Type:
- Full Time