The Tree Care Service Unit manages approximately 60,000 street trees, 50,000 park trees in maintained open space areas and 110,000 reserve trees in remnant vegetation stands and native areas of significance.
Reporting to: Tree Care Crew Leader
Salary: $65,863.21 plus super
Hours: 38 hours per week plus fortnightly RDO
Positions vacant: 2
Location: Parks Office, 268-270 Banksia Street, Bellfield 3081
As the Arborist you will
- Ensure the prosperity, health and safety of the urban forest through the use of appropriate arboricultural practice
- Provide efficient and friendly service to all clients both internal and external
- Ensure programmed and requested works are completed to specification
- Provide advice and report on arboricultural assets as directed or upon inspection
You will be able to demonstrate
- Demonstrated experience using elevated work platform required
- Advanced tree climbing skills, including aerial rescue and tree rigging is desirable
- A sound knowledge of plant nomenclature and plant cultural requirements
- Advanced chainsaw operation and basic operation of associated machinery, e.g, motorised auger, generators, watering tanks and root pruners
- Trade qualification in Arboriculture or associated disciplines is desirable
- Certificate II in ESI Training Powerline Vegetation Control, Licence to Perform High Risk Work for boom elevated work platform and hold a current NUE 260 certificate(or equivalent)– Electrical Systems Identification and Powerline Clearance Requirementsâ€¯ approved by Energy Safe Victoria.
- Pre-employment Functional Assessment Check
- Pre-Employment Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Peter Boateng Urban Forester – Contracts on 0468500002.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45 pm on: Monday 26th April 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Previous applicants need not apply.