We have an opportunity for a Jobs Victoria Advocate Lead to join the Social Enterprise & Local Jobs Business Unit on a full-time basis until June 2023.
The Social Enterprise & Local Jobs Business Unit brings innovative approaches to local employment opportunities in Banyule through the development of social enterprises and labour market programs.
As the Jobs Victoria Advocate Lead you will:
- Provide oversight and leadership of the Jobs Victoria Advocate program. The program helps local people experiencing barriers to employment to navigate employment and training services, connecting them with assistance to prepare for or secure sustainable and meaningful employment.
- Directly supervise a team of two Jobs Victoria Advocates and one Program Support Officer.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline e.g. community development
- Demonstrated experience managing and supervising staff to deliver work priorities and achieve desired results
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and knowledge of best practice community engagement principles
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities, with strong experience communicating effectively with a broad range of people, tailoring communication to suit specific audiences.
- High level of interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to understand and identify a range of client needs using a client centered approach.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the employment, education and/or community services system
- Drivers license and access to safe and reliable vehicle
We can offer:
- Full time temporary term contract May 2021 to June 2023
- $96,444 to $107,598 plus super and monthly RDO
- Supportive work environment
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough location close to transport, shops & cafes
Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Want to know more about this position?
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Jane Nixon, Strategic Development Officer on 9457 9986 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed above. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Tuesday 27th April 2021.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with a disability, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged.