Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
About the Role
We are looking for a team oriented Early Childhood Educator- Certificate 3 qualified to join the team at the Morobe Street Children's Centre on a temporary full-time basis.
You will ensure the provision of a high-quality educational program that meets the needs of children aged from birth to 6 years.
- Successful completion of Certificate 3 or equivalent (Mandatory)
- Current, recognised Level 2 First Aid, Asthma and Anaphylaxis certificate, with updates completed within the last 12 months
- Criminal History Check- not more than 6 months old (Mandatory)
- Working With Children Check (Mandatory)
- Experience in a child care service (preferred)
- Understanding of the Education & Care Services National Law Act 2010, Education & Care Services National Regulations 2011and the National Quality Framework & Standards
What you will need
- An awareness of the cultural needs of families
- The ability to manage time and prioritise tasks
- The ability to maintain written records and write reports relating to program goals and child development
- Salary range $60,984.49 to $64,254.96 plus super
- Temporary full time 38 hours per week April 2021 to May 2022
- Monthly RDO
- Ongoing individual development opportunities (plus our service closes two days per year solely for training) YES
- Work with great people in a supportive team environment
- Based at our Morobe Street Centre in Heidelberg
Employment Screening Checks: National Criminal Record Check, Pre-employment Medical Check, Working With Children Check
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Michelle Watson on Tel: 94598998 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 28 April 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.