The Municipal Laws team oversees the implementation of Council’s Local Law No1, Domestic Animals and Road Safety Legislation and Fire Prevention Program across the municipality.
Reporting to: Municipal Laws Officer
Salary: $70,934.90 - $82,175.74
Type: Permanent full time plus RDO
Hours: 38 hours per week
As the Municipal Laws Officer, you will be
- Be part of a multi discipline team responsible for the day to day administration and implementation of relevant legislation in Local Laws and Domestic Animals.
- Provide advice and assistance to the community regarding policies and legislation
- Contribute to community safety and fire prevention within the municipality
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Post-secondary training to Certificate IV in Municipal Law Enforcement, or equivalent and / or relevant experience
- Proven ability to conduct investigations and take appropriate enforcement action
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict and stressful situations
- Current unrestricted Victorian Driver’s License
- Experience in using Authority and Council’s CRM System would be desirable
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to correctly interpret and apply relevant Legislation, policies and procedures
- Ability to manage time and organize your own workload
- Proven examples demonstrating strong aptitude in animal handling
- Pre-Employment Medical Check.
- Working with Children Check
Staff choose to align their career with Banyule because of our values of Working Together Working Better, career and professional development opportunities and the way we work in partnership with the community to deliver our services.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Jenny Cotterell on 94904222
To apply for this position, please include your resume and a cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45 pm on: Tuesday 27th April 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Previous applicants need not apply.