We have an opportunity for a Jobs Victoria Advocate - Youth & Disability to join the Social Enterprise & Local Jobs Business Unit on a full-time basis until June 2023.
The Social Enterprise & Local Jobs Business Unit brings innovative approaches to local employment opportunities in Banyule through the development of social enterprises and labour market programs.
As the Jobs Victoria Advocate - Youth & Disability you will:
- Work with young people and people living with a disability who are experiencing barriers to employment. Support them to connect with employment and training services to help them prepare for and secure suitable and meaningful employment.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline e.g. community development
- Demonstrated experience in community engagement and knowledge of best practice community engagement principles
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse communities, particularly young people & people living with a disability, with strong experience communicating effectively with a broad range of people, tailoring communication to suit specific audiences
- High level of interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to understand and identify a range of client needs using a client centred approach
- Knowledge and understanding of the employment, education and/or community services system
- Drivers license and access to safe and reliable vehicle
We can offer:
- Full time temporary term contract May 2021 to June 2023
- $86,182 to $93,696.04 plus super and monthly RDO
- Supportive work environment
- Access to a suite of quality learning and development opportunities and a range of health and wellbeing initiatives
- Greensborough location close to transport, shops & cafes
Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
Want to know more about this position?
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Jane Nixon, Strategic Development Officer on 9457 9986 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed above. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on Wednesday 12th May 2021.
We are a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people living with a disability, and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds are strongly encouraged.