Banyule is looking for an experienced Insurance Officer to join the People and Culture & Risk Management team on a permanent part time basis.
Reporting to: Risk and Insurance Coordinator
Salary: $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 pro rate plus super
Type: Permanent part time
Hours: 24 hours per week
Key responsibilities & duties:
To provide immediate, specialist advise and support in the coordination of all insurance claims ensuring the best outcome possible for Council.
This position also provides customer service to our community in relation to any claims and proactively working with them to resolve any inquiries.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to
- Coordinate all insurance claims and associated processes
- Assist with the development, review, training and updating of policies and procedures
- Development of reports as required
- Reviewing and processing incident reports
- Assist with the insurance renewal process
- Provide specialist advice and support to the Coordinator and internal stakeholders
Work Experience and Skills Required:
- Relevant qualifications and/or experience in business administration, claims management
- Flexible, adaptable and highly organised, with an ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent time management skills
- Commitment to the principles and practices of quality customer service
- Ability to discuss and resolve problems and gain cooperation and assistance from others
- Knowledge and skills in using databases and MS Office suite
- Ability to analyse information in the databases and prepare reports
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues
- Driver's licence required
- National Criminal Record Check is required
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Troy Winn on Tel: 0481913419 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday 10 May 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.