The Delivery and Assets Department has an opportunity for a Senior Development & Drainage Engineer to join their team on a permanent full time basis.
About the role - You will
- Assess the Engineering component of residential, commercial and industrial developments and subdivisions to ensure that development proposals conform to legislative requirements and Council’s policies and standards
- Support the development and delivery of Council’s Stormwater Drainage Capital Works, Improvement and Rehabilitation Program
- Investigate and act on issues relating to Council’s drainage network in regards to design, functionality and capacity
- Support the development and implementation of the council’s drainage strategic plan
Skills and experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or an equivalent Engineering qualification
- Ability to undertake complex and sensitive tasks and provide accurate and timely advice
- Demonstrated experience in undertaking hydraulics and hydrology, conventional drainage design and flood mapping/modelling development and computation
- Demonstrated skills in the development and implementation of drainage mitigation solutions and complex development engineering issue resolution
- Knowledge in strategic catchment analysis and water sensitive urban design initiatives and projects
We are offering:
- Permanent full time plus RDO
- $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
- On going learning and development opportunities
- Supportive team
- Greensborough location
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Christopeher Chua, Development & Drainage Team Leader on 0394579882 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 12 May 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.