- Support Aboriginal children & families to transition to kindergarten & school
- Engage Aboriginal families & communities
Banyule Early Childhood Services is committed to professionalism and advocacy for children and families. Our services are inclusive, recognising diversity within an environment where staff, children and families experience a sense of belonging. We believe that all children learn through play, and through our services we will demonstrate a respect for the environment.
Reporting to: West Heidelberg Kindergarten Coordinator
Salary: $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
Temporary: May 2021 to November 2021
Hours: 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
Location: Olympic Village Preschool, Heidelberg West VIC 3081
Key responsibilities & duties:
- Assist Aboriginal children to attend kindergarten & transition to school
- Increased kindergarten enrolments for three- and four-year-old Aboriginal children
- Increased engagement by Aboriginal families in other early learning supports, such as community playgroups
- Reporting on key deliverable at 3 months and at 6 months
- Degree-qualified in a relevant discipline and experienced in working with children and families
- Current Level 2 First Aid Certificate and Anaphylaxis (mandatory)
- Asthma Prevention and Management Certificates and CPR
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence and WWCC check is essential
Work Experience and Skills Required:
- Excellent computer literacy & verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed skills in program planning and development, implementation, facilitation and evaluation of programs
- Ability to successfully engage and communicate with a diverse range of people, their families and communities
- Ability to work individually with time management and organisational skills
- Ability to network and develop productive partnerships
Employment Screening: National Criminal Record Check, Re employment Medical, Working With Children Check
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Kathy de Silva on Tel: 9242 3422 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Wednesday 12 May 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.