- Support the delivery of a dynamic arts program at the Ivanhoe Library and Cultural Hub.
This is an exciting time to be working at Banyule. We have just opened our new Ivanhoe Library and Cultural Hub and looking for an Arts & Culture Program Support Officer to assist with the planning, administration and delivery of Banyule’s Arts & Culture Program
- Act as primary liaison for artists in the exhibition, residency, performance and workshops program
- Provide technical support to artists and users of the venue including guidance with exhibition installations, artist residencies and support with audio-visual requirements
- Be responsible for the delivery of specific programs and operations at the Ivanhoe Library and Cultural Hub on some weekends and evenings.
- Contribute to a positive professional culture with the Leisure & Culture team
To be successful in this role you will have
- Experience in the daily venue operations and presentation of an arts facility
- Experience in customer service preferably within the visual and performing arts or events sector
- Highly developed communication skills including interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent administration and organisation skills including time management and sound computer skills
- Proven capacity to contribute positively and work collaboratively with a team of skilled professionals
- Available to work regular hours that will be set between Monday to Sunday between 8.30am and 9pm which will include some flexibility to work events and afterhours sessions as required
We can offer
- Temporary term contract July 2021 to June 2023
- 32 hours per week between Monday to Sunday 8.30am and 9pm
- Salary range $70,934.90 to $82,175.74 pro rata plus super
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities
- Supportive team environment
Our Culture - Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Stephanie Neoh on 9457 9851 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description. For more information on how to apply, please refer to the Application Guidelines via the link below.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Monday 31 May 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.