Banyule Bpi offers services for building permit certification, inspections, statutory services, dispensations and variations, information services to the community and private builders, specialist building consulting and quality inspections.
In this role you will
- To contribute to an effective building permit service, assisting Building Surveyors in the implementation of all Acts and Regulations under the Building Regulations 2018
- Provide information and assistance to members of the community in regards to policies, legislation and Building Control responsibilities of Council and Building Regulations
- Manage enforcement of Building Regulations for safety and regulatory compliance
This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated person looking for on-the job learning in a supportive work environment.
- A Diploma or Degree in Building Surveying
- Prior experience within Local Government or similar organisation of Building Control
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Building Act 1993 and Building Regulations 2018
- Experience in the inspection, investigations and enforcement and prosecutions in relation to buildings
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills
- A current drivers licence
- Salary range $86,182.74 to $93,696.04 plus super
- Temporary full time July 2021 to July 2022
- Ongoing learning and individual development opportunities, including and health and wellbeing initiatives.
- Supportive team environment
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, we encourage you to contact Vince Angarano Tel: 94337717 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Tuesday, 15 June 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.