- Represent Council & liaise with the Valuer General
- Carry out valuations
The Strategic Property Department consists of Property Management, Property Services, Valuations and Spatial and Property Systems. Together, the teams provide a coordinated direction for Council property and assets, providing policy, strategy and project leadership around key aspects that contribute to the sustainable growth of the city.
The Strategic Property Department is seeking an experienced professional to join their team as the Senior Valuations Officer.
About the role
- Represent Council and liaise with the Valuer General on the return of Supplementary Valuations on a regular basis
- Assist in dealing with rates or land tax objections
- Carry out valuations for the Council’s asset register; insurance & rental purposes, acquisition and sale of property
- Assist in the administration and updating of on-line systems including VM/SSA.
- Create processes and procedures required to carry out this position is documented
To be successful you will need
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrated experience in property valuations – residential, retail, commercial & industrial
- Extensive experience working within the legal frameworks in which local government operates
- Commitment to high levels of customer service
- Experience in the use of Victorian computer assisted valuation methodology
- Ability to plan, organise, set priorities and manage time
- Current Drivers licence
- Salary range $96,444.07 to $107,598.98 plus super
- Permanent full time, 38 hours per week plus monthly RDO
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities, including health and wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible work arrangements
- Office location - Greensborough
Our Staff choose to align their career with Banyule by living the values of Respect, Integrity, Responsibility, Initiative and Inclusion, strong learning and development culture and the positive way we work in partnership with the community.
For more information about this position please access a copy of the position description via the link below or to discuss your suitability, contact Amanda Allen Property and Valuations Coordinator on Tel: 9457 9812 for a confidential conversation.
To apply for this position, please include your resume and cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
Applications Close 11.45pm on: Sunday 20 June 2021.
Banyule City Council is a child safe organisation and an equal opportunity employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.